- Total exits were a whopping $56.5bn
- Hot IPO markets were a key driver – 107 companies listed, the most since 2007
- M&A was down – presumably because companies went public instead of selling
- 1,814 investors had an exit (if you’re an investor and you didn’t have one you’d want to ask yourself why)
- The number of deals was down c10% at 6,185 whilst the amount invested was up c7% at $50bn – valuations were up across the board
- Funds raising less than $50m led fundraising, 73 first time funds closed, and the time spent fundraising dropped by three months (I like that one 🙂 )
It looks like the IPO markets have closed so I would expect a swing back to M&A this year. The other trends I expect to continue. The picture this side of the Atlantic is pretty similar.