I’m excited to let you know that David Norris joined us today as my Partner. Our mission is to generate superior returns by making great investment decisions and by being amazingly helpful to our companies. The reason I’m excited is that David is THE MAN to deliver on the second part of that promise. He’s been COO of some amazing businesses, including HouseTrip and LiveBookings, and will now help our founders succeed just as he helped the founders of those companies.
This is how he explained his reasons for joining us:
Why I became a VC
- The VC model is changing and I believe that the approach that we are taking at Forward Partners will become the future of early stage tech investment. I am truly excited about being instrumental in defining that model.
- I have real practical experience having worked in multiple high growth international startups and I hope to provide sound advice that will really help entrepreneurs succeed.
- We are in the midst of the greatest disruption to civilisation since the industrial revolution; we’re living through the 21st century gold rush and there’s never been a better time to start a tech business.
- an entrepreneur needs a compelling vision of the future to disrupt the present
- the path to that future is riddled with uncertainty
What can go digital will go digital. There are thousands of businesses waiting to be born to exploit and succeed in the new competitive landscape.