One of the small things I like about Facebook is that I have used it as a repository to store interesting quotes when I hear them. On the assumption that most of you haven’t read my FB profile I thought I’d share them here. Enjoy.
- “it is easier to bury reality than it is to dispose of a dream” Dan DeLillo
- “Raising a ton of money feels really good — you feel like you’ve done something, that you’ve accomplished something, that you’re successful when a lot of other people weren’t. And of course, none of those things are true.” Marc Andreessen 2007
- “Banning Facebook is like banning coffee shops and watercoolers and loos” JP 2007
- “[Mobile] Operators are busy errecting fences in the ruins of the walls in their gardens” Jo Rabin 2007
- “My principal activity is to tease those who take themselves and the quality of their knowledge too seriously … scientists are seeing more and more evidence that we are designed by mother nature to fool ourselves” Nassim Taleb from “Fooled by Radomness”
- “There is nothing more difficult to carry out, nor more doubtful of success, nor more dangerous to handle, than to initiate a new order of things. For the reformer has enemies in all who profit by the old order, and only lukewarm defenders in all who profit by the new order. This lukewarmness arises partly from fear of their adversaries, who have law in their favor, and partly from the incredulity of mankind, who do not believe in anything new until they have had an actual experience of it.” – Machiavelli